Dubbo Sands has adopted the following Health & Safety (OH&S) policy
that outlines their commitment to safety. The Mine Safety Manager
reviews this policy annually.
1.0 OH&S POLICY
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Dubbo Sands is committed to the principle that occupational injury and
illness is preventable. It is the right of each employee, contractor
and visitor who comes to site, leaves site free of injury or work
· Our priority is safe production in a work environment where our
people feel all risks have been adequately controlled.
· We will identify, assess and reduce all major risks wherever
practicable through a recognized risk assessment process.
· We shall demonstrate strong leadership and commitment to health
& safety where we will meet Mine Safety requirements to achieve safe,
productive and healthy work environment.
· We will commit the necessary resources for the development of
Safety Management Plans.
· We will provide education and training to our employees,
contractors and visitors to ensure they have the skills to ensure an
incident free workplace
· We shall ensure two-way communications with our employees,
contractors, and the Mine Safety Department on health and safety
· We are committed to continuous improvement through the auditing
of our health and safety systems on a yearly basis with the Mines
· The Mine Safety Manager is accountable for the implementation
of this policy including the provision of adequate resources and
skills to achieve the stated objectives.
· Every Individual is accountable to work in a manner that is
healthy and safe for themselves, and their workmates.
· Every person at Dubbo Sands has a responsibility to identify
hazards, rectify them where possible or report them for action.